Dave just returned from a five week stint in Thailand where he was putting the finishing touches on a documentary film that he and his company, Run Riot Films, have been pouring their hearts into for the past several months.
I've been spending my weekends captive to a yoga studio in Manhattan's Soho neighborhood, juicing and living a healthier lifestyle than even I thought possible. Dave has been lamenting the unhealthy way he has been living. He's complained of his back hurting, having not worked out while he's been away and lugging around heavy camera equipment. In addition to indulging in all of his favorite Thai foods. If I know Dave l like I think I do, he's also been drinking a lot of Leo, Chang and Singha while keeping his social skills in tact.
To celebrate his return, I welcomed him home with a little healthy motivation -- a basket filled with goodies. These items included a Men's Health Magazine, some fresh flowers, (to brighten the apartment and to remind him that spring is hopefully just around the corner), and lots of fun, healthy snacks (Dave loves snacks).
Here's a list of healthy ideas to create your own homemade gift for that special guy in your life:
- Men's Health Magazine
- Emmy's Organic Macaroons (Lemon Ginger & Coconut Vanilla are faves!)
- Theo Spicy Chili Dark Chocolate
- Health Warrior Chia Bars
- Apples, Bananas, Pears, Lemons, etc
- Mixed Berries (Strawberries, Blackberries, Blueberries)
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- Fresh Flowers or Succulent (trust me, guys like this stuff too!)
- Gift Certificate to Local Juice Shop (in NYC Liquiteria and Organic Avenue are faves)
- New York Naturals Kale Chips
(Most items listed can be found in your local Whole Foods store)